The final speaker at the EALG 2023 Annual Meeting in Lisbon, Portugal was Professor José Luís Cruz Vilaça, who spoke to the EALG members on the topic “The EU in a Fast-Changing World: Challenges Ahead.” The leader of the negotiations for Portugal’s accession to the European Community and a former Advocate General, Judge, and President of Chamber at the EU Court of Justice; the EALG members benefited from Professor Cruz Vilaça’s experience and insights on current EU challenges arising from the Russian invasion of Ukraine; Brexit; economic weaknesses revealed by Covid-related supply chain disruptions; and relations with China. A former president of the International Federation of European Law and the current chair of the Portuguese Association of Energy Law (APDEN), Professor Cruz Vilaça also engaged EALG members in discussions and a comparison of current trends in the enforcement of antitrust and competition law policy in the EU and the United States. The EALG thanks EALG member law firm JGSA and Rodrigo Jardim for inviting Professor Nogueira Pinto to speak to the EALG.
EALG Members Are Privileged to Hear Professor José Luís Cruz Vilaça on “The EU in a Fast-Changing World: Challenges Ahead”
- Recent News: EALG Members Are Privileged to Hear Professor José Luís Cruz Vilaça on “The EU in a Fast-Changing World: Challenges Ahead”
- Recent News: Professor Jaime Nogueira Pinto Presents an Address on “A Not-So-Brave New World” to EALG Members
- Recent News: SEC Announces 2023 Examination Priorities
- Recent News: Five Warshaw Burstein Lawyers Named 2023 Top Women Lawyers by Super Lawyers in the New York Metro area
- Recent News: NYLJ Publishes Letter to Editor Regarding In-CameraInterviews in Child Custody Matters