Thomas, Mayer & Associés
- Contact Person
- Emma Bensoussan-Crémieux
- France, Paris, 7 boulevard Malesherbes
- +33 1 47 55 73 90
- +33 1 47 55 73 91
- Click to visit
Description of firm
Thomas, Mayer & Associés specializes in international business law, it couples its legal advice with a substantial litigation and international arbitration practice. Consequently the firm provides counsel on the whole spectrum of business legal issues and represents its clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings. Owing to its office in Hong Kong the firm offers its clients access to China and the Asia Pacific region.
M&A / Corporate:
- Acquisitions, corporate restructuring, joint-ventures, shareholders agreements, handling of transactional partnership matters, complemented by market and sector knowledge and commercial advice
- Strategic advice to new and developing businesses, including shareholder rights, directors’ liabilities and responsibilities, corporate governance and corporate responsibility
- Guidance through each stage of the company life cycle and jurisdictional regulatory requirements
- Negotiation and drafting of national and international contracts: distribution and supply contracts, licensing, outsourcing and manufacturing agreements
- Advice on the evolution of clients’ commercial environments, international expansion & EU regulation issues
International Business law
- Negotiation and drafting of various cross-border business agreements;
- Disputes, particularly those involving a conflict between common law and civil law
Litigation & arbitration
- Assessment of legal & commercial risk, optimum procedural tactics and creative settlement approaches
- Dispute settlement for clients by co-ordinated mediation or determination by an expert
- Litigation or arbitration cases: competition litigation, insolvency, M&A disputes, claims of negligence, breaches of contract, trademark litigation cases
- Legal advisory support on trademarks, development and enforcement of IP rights &making the most of IP assets: drafting of agency, distribution, franchising, sponsorship and other licensing agreements
- IT & business services transactions, IT outsourcing
- Author rights issues in the publishing industry, photographic agencies & media sector
- Contracts and terminations, incentives issues, recruitment, employee transfers, dismissal, works councils, health and safety, immigration
- Contentious employment cases, dismissal claims
International Private Law
Advice to international families having some connection with France and dealing with their international private affairs, such as investment matters, real estates and wills.
It is our philosophy to work closely with our clients and to constantly satisfy them by delivering results.
DR. KLAUS OBLIN LL. M.